Installing The Fanatec Podium Button Module Endurance
Back in November, Fanatec revealed its new Porsche 911 GT3 R Steering Wheel for both the Podium Series and ClubSport Wheel Bases.
The new Fanatec wheel revealed the included Podium Button Module Endurance, which is a full-scale replica of the Porsche 911 GT3 R wheel-plate. The unit is designed to be used on both the Podium Hub and ClubSport Fanatec Universal Hub for Xbox One.
The GT3-class endurance button module features 10 buttons, two 2-way toggle switches, a 2-axis analog stick, 7-way FunkySwitch, and two 12-position switches which can also be configured as endless rotary encoders. Furthermore, the button module is also fitted with a rectangular OLED display which can show you detailed wheel information and many telemetry data types.
The Fanatec Podium Button Module Endurance is currently up for Pre-Order at a price of €199.95 (incl. VAT) + Shipping. The first units will become available on January 26, 2020.
Check out the Podium Button Module Endurance Quick Guide here.
- Upgrade module for Podium Hub and ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One (with included adaptor)
- Real carbon fiber front plate and internal metal reinforcements for maximum stability
- Rubber-coated glass fiber reinforced backplate
- Lightweight at 410g
- Full-scale replica to class-leading endurance GT3 racing car
- 10 buttons
- Two 2-way toggle switches
- Two 12-way Multi-Position Switches with Encoder Mode (endless rotation)
- One FunkySwitch (7-way joystick/encoder)
- One analog joystick (2-axis)
- Nine RGB high-intensity RevLEDs
- Two FlagLED groups with three RGB high-intensity LEDs each
- User-defined LED behavior via FanaLab
- Integrated 2.7” 256×64 resolution OLED display
- Tuning functions in the OLED display
- Support for Intelligent Telemetry Mode (ITM)
- Clutch bite point indication on the OLED display (when used in combination with the Podium Advanced Paddle Module)
- Detachable button caps, compatible with other Fanatec button caps (Xbox, PS4, Racing Style)
- Compatible with Fanatec R911, R911S, and R300 wheel rims
- Reversible DataPort-C connector
- Customizable button labels (sticker set included)
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PODIUM Racing Wheel F1® PS4™
Note: Compatibility to the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 will follow in a future firmware update, with the display operating in Legacy Mode.
- Podium Wheel Rim Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Suede)
- Podium Wheel Rim Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Leather)
- Podium Wheel Rim R300*
Note: Wheel rims like the ClubSport Drift are compatible but not recommended. The ClubSport Wheel Rim GT and similar rims are NOT compatible due to the proximity of the spokes and buttons.
*Due to the smaller diameter of the R300, there is a tight clearance between the Button Module Endurance and the base of the wheel rim.
- Xbox One®: the Podium Button Module Endurance is compatible with Xbox One when used with the ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One. The functionality of this product on Xbox One can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support).
- PS4: the Podium Button Module Endurance is compatible with PS4 when used with the Podium Wheel Base DD1 PS4™ (part of the Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™ package). The functionality of this product on PS4 can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support).
- PC: Full functionality is also game-dependent and subject to developer support.
- The Podium Button Module Endurance extends the distance between the Hub and Wheel Rim by 11mm.
- This product is only suitable for wheel rims with a 6x70mm hole pattern.
- If you wish to use this product with a third-party wheel rim, please check the sizing template in the Downloads section.
- 1x Podium Button Module Endurance
- 6x M5x25mm bolts
- 1x DataPort-C to RJ12 adaptor
- 1x Porsche-style sticker set
- 1x Quick Guide
Official Webpage – www.fanatec.com