Niels Heusinkveld Talk & Drive 13
This is episode 13 of the Niels Heusinkveld Talk & Drive . Niels has got himself a new Sim Racing Rig to replace his older DIY wooden construction. This is resulting in a much more stable experience with a rig that does not flex, and will transmit the feedback in a much more detailed manner. The rig is also featuring the famous Leo Bodnar wheel, and the in-house Heusinkveld Engineering Pro Pedal set.
Niels lets us join the shake-down of the rig, and shares his first impressions. In the video its clear to see that the Bodnar steering wheel generates a hefty amount of feedback and that translates into a good workout when trying to take a powerful car trough its pases. For this little test drive, Niels is taking the Lotus F1 for a drive on the GTL version of the Historic Zandvoort circuit.
Bodnar Wheel Features:
- 16nm peak torque
- 10,000 PPR Encoder
- 20,000Hz internal update rate
- Used by professional driver training centres and race teams since 2010
- Powered by mains 100 – 240 VAC
- Works on every sim race game we’ve tested including, rFactor 1&2, iRacing, DiRT 1,2&3, F1 2010,2011,2012, P. C.A.R.S, Assetto Corsa, all SimBin titles plus many more.
- SimSteering Control Box
- High precision and strength servo motor
- Desktop Mounting Bracket
- Emergency Stop Button
- Shaft Clamp Adaptor (with 70mm & 50.8mm bolt patterns)
- GT Steering Wheel
- 2m motor cables
- 3m USB Cable
- Choice of UK, US or EU power Cable
- Config software
Heusinkveld Engineering is a Dutch company that offers a broad array of products and services to the real and virtual racing scene. From advanced vehicle simulation software to simulator hardware. Sim Racers might also know Niels as the main physics creator at Reiza Studios.
|Official Webpage – http://www.h-engineering.net/|