Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage reviews the air-cooled Cold Fusion racing seat by the O-Rouge company based in Belgium.
Sim racers who participate in competitive races, drive long stints or happen to live in some of the warmer regions of the world, know that a good sim racing session can easily become an uncomfortable sweat fest.
The Belgian O-Rouge company has tackled this problem by introducing the Cold Fusion Sim Racing seat which uses an air vent system to cool various parts of the seat and with it the body of the driver.
The Cold Fusion system ventilates certain areas of the racing seat and dissipates body heat to increase comfort and performance. To make this work, O-Rouge used a special 3D woven fabric that allows air to flow over a large surface area and is placed on top of the comfort foam.
To ensure that the air is evenly distributed, a perforated layer is provided that allows the air to come out of the 3D weave to the surface. The final layer is the ‘cold fusion‘ layer. This layer is a special top fabric that is not only air permeable but also generates a feeling of refreshment when air flows through it.
In order to control the heat dissipation, a rotary knob is provided to regulate the airflow. This allows the user to control the ventilation and decide how powerful the system is.
The O-Rouge Cold Fusion sim racing seat is up for pre-order via the official website starting at €779,99 + shipping.
- Improve concentration & performance
- Reduce sweating
- Dissipates body heat
- Based on scientific work
- Special 3D woven fabric
- Our own special ‘cold fusion’ foam
- Super comfortable & distributed airflow
- Regulator to determine airflow yourself
- 5mm thick fiberglass outer shell (*with extended headrest)
- high-density comfort foam in all areas
- upholstery in velvet material
- reinforcement patch in seat sides
- 5 seatbelt holes
- removable leg cushion
- extra removable shoulder patches
- floating blower assembly to ensure maximal comfort
- 4 blowers for optimized airflow (3 in back, 1 in bottom)
- electronic control unit to adjust the air volume
- side mounted, illuminated switch with 6 positions to control air speed
- 3,5mm power jack for 12v power source
- wiring loom integrated into the seat
- integration of 3d woven nylon fabric for optimal air distribution
- special lining for optimal heat extraction
Official Webpage – sim.o-rouge.com