The French ProSimu brand just published a new video showcasing their professional series T7 6-DOF Motion Simulator with oversteer and understeer effect. Let’s have a look.
After three years of research and development, ProSimu introduced their Professional Series T7 PRO™ motion Simulator which features 6 degrees of freedom (6 DOF) and oversteer and understeer simulation via both a rear and front traction loss system.
With 280mm/s movement and 2G of acceleration, the PRS200 ProSimu actuators allow for a much better translation of road effects and vibrations in a much more realistic way than a traditional hexapod setup. ProSimu states that the reached performance of 44 movements per second is only possible by fitting high-end servo-drives to the PRS 200 actuators and using high-speed CanBus communication running at 10 Mbit per second. (ISO 11898)
They explain that actuators equipped with the more common servo-drives with a Modbus type communication system only reach a speed of 115kbit per second with a maximum of 5 movements per second. This introduces a lot of latency, resulting in less immersion and a less accurate road and effect feel. Platforms equipped with a geared motor will introduce even higher latencies and be far less reactive.
The T7 PRO™ simulator is equipped with 7 PROSIMU® PRS200 ™ private use actuators which come in various specs:
- 100mm, 150mm, or 200mm travel, and up to 2G of acceleration
- The new RS200R ‘™ for intensive professional use
- The PRS300 ™ for 24/7 training centers
The low platform height (43 cm) results in a lower center of gravity which helps to translate the movements even more.
- T7Pro™ chassis
- 7 x PRS200 ™actuators available in 100/150/200mm travel.
- 2x controller units
- Management software license
- Available with or without a racing seat.
ProSimu T7 Pro Simulator Features:
- 6 DOF: Heave/Surge/Sway/Yaw/Roll/Pitch
- 2 Platform Effects: oversteer and understeer simulation
- 44 movements / second (no latency)
- Max Actuator speed: 280mm / second
- Maximum acceleration: 2G
- Minimum platform height: 43 centimeter
- Travel actuators available: 100mm / 150mm / 200mm
- Fixed screen: your car is moving on a fixed road, with no discomfort.
The T7 Pro Simulator motion Simulator is available via the ProSimu website starting at €27 990.00 VAT incl. + shipping.
Official Webpage – ProSimu.com