RaceRoom – Update and 2016 World Touring Car Championship Released
Sector3 Studios released a new update and the RaceRoom 2016 World Touring Car Championship add-on which includes all the cars from the 2016 WTCC Season.
The new WTCC addon pack contains 5 cars and 21 liveries. You are able to race the WTCC Honda Civic, Lada Vesta, Chevrolet Cruze, Citroen C-Elysee, and the long-awaited Volvo Polestar S60 TC1 car. The WTCC 2016 pack is on sale at the RaceRoom Store for €7.97.
The latest RaceRoom update contains the usual list of fixes and improvements and adds the new Flag Rules feature to the game. For more details, check out the full changelog below.
Hotfix Patch (06-04-2017)
- Fixed issue where the 2 new released BMW M6 liveries (#19 and #20) were not visible in the menus.
- Fixed issue where the game client was sending an empty password to the server regardless of what the player entered when joining a Multiplayer session on a password protected server.
- Fixed an issue where the game was pausing for some players by removing the automatic pause that gets triggered when the game loses focus.
- Fixed issue where spectator clients were not able to join multiplayer servers.
- Fixed a flag issue where a car that caused the yellow could not be safely overtaken.
- Disabled blue flag penalties for the moment as certain players were maliciously using it to destroy other players’ races. It will still show blue flag warning but no penalty will be handed.
What’s New (Summary)
- WTCC 2016
- Changed so upon finishing a race with a slowdown penalty still active, the player will receive a penalty of 30 seconds added to his final result.
- Fixed issue with video options breaking when switching monitors with the same resolution but different refresh rates.
- Changed so the slowdown time penalty you receive now factors in the actual track distance you have skipped to the fix issue with finishing without receiving a penalty for cutting.
- Changed so if the accumulated slow-down time penalty exceeds the set post-race time penalty for finishing a race with a slow down on your head, you are now disqualified from the race.
- Current limit is set to 30 seconds.
- Fixed refueling sound continuing when refueling and returning back to the garage in practice.
- Fixed issue where “Pit timer” from the previous event was showing when The player was in a new session after completing an event with mandatory pitstop with a minimum pitstop duration.
- Fixed an issue where the player was sometimes able to change fuel when fuel usage was off. The Player car will now always use default fuel amount if fuel usage is off.
- Fixed issue with the time of day setting not applying for race 2 and 3.
- Fixed so slowdown cannot reach more seconds than post race penalty time.
- Xbox One controller profile: Swapped shift down and DRS buttons so they match the 360 controller button layout.
- Fixed Xbox One controller vibration issue.
- Changed automatic DNF logic to allow players to stand still with their engine off if they’re close to their pit box. So players can take breaks during long races without getting retired.
- Changed so replay is no longer saved when crossing the finish line but only paused. It is now saved and closed when player finishes the race.
- Fixed so headlights now strobe for 2 sec when the button is clicked, or continuously if held.
- Shadow splits are now always enabled.
- Tweaked rumble pad/xinput ffb by disabling high-speed constant rumble (steer force), rumble on grass and gravel (covered by slip effects) and engine vibrations.
- Added missing return so now players get returned to the menu if the pit window range is invalid for single race or championships.
- Added session length format to shared memory. (if the session is time-based, lap based or time+lap based).
- Increased shared memory minor version to 5.
- Various tweaks and fixes to data displays
- Support for displaying VR sessions on a monitor. (New control to map : “VR Toggle Monitor view”)
- Note: What’s displayed on the monitor is a cropped copy of the left eye render for the VR headset. The crop avoids including the eye’s hidden area mask and maintains the monitor window’s aspect ratio. The overlays (menus, etc.) are rendered flatly on top of the cropped VR eye render.
- The mouse cursor is no longer shown on the monitor window unless the game is set to show the VR session on the monitor.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:
- Various AI tweaks and improvements
- AI: spread out their pitstops more also in shorter races
- AI: moved what they consider middle of race in lapped races back one lap
- Idle engine sounds no longer include a slight presence of on-throttle samples
- Fixed a case where brake sounds could be heard when standing still and steering
- Brake sounds: ramp/fade/blend speeds/pressure settings improved for all cars except FR2 and FRUS
- Audi TT RS VLN: AI speed tweaks
- Aquila: AI speed tweaks
- BMW M1 Procar: Chase camera tweaks
- BMW M6 GT3 – Engine Throttle volume increased in cockpit
- Formula Raceroom US: new sounds, AI speed tweaks
- WTCC 14 and WTCC 13: tweaks to fuel burn and fuel estimates
- WTCC TC1: tweaked action cameras
- Karlskoga: lap not counting when passing through pitlane
- Hungaroring: tightened cut track detection
- Macau: Added TV camera sets
- Monza: cut track detection tweaks
- Moscow: Added helicopter sound sample to aerial TV cameras, cut track detection fixed on FIM layout
- Paul Ricard 2A: TV camera to see the starting grid properly
- RaceRoom Raceway: Added TV cameras sets
- Sonoma IRL layout: Tweak AI lines
- Zandvoort: Tweaked AI lines
- WTCC TC1 cars: New driver animation
- Switched Macau light setting to same as Paul Ricard.
- Bathurst – removed tire wall blocker in mountain chicane
- Zolder – Fixed weird bushes and smoothed track bumps a bit further
Portal & Backend:
- Changed Leaderboard divisions to work on a percentage based system.
Division 1 0.00% 2.00% of best laptime.
Division 2 2.00% 4.00%,
Division 3 4.00% 6.00%
Division 4 6.00% 8.00%,
Division 5 8.00% 10.00%,
Division 6 10.00% 12.00%
Division 7 12.00%+
- Fixed so when a content is set to be free e.g. for a weekend it is not excluded from packs (essential and class packs) and still gets added as owned upon purchase.