RaceRoom Update – Falkenberg And WTCC 2017 Released
Sector3 Studios released a new RaceRoom update and some interesting content in the form of the Swedish Falkenberg Track and the cars of the WTCC 2017 Season.
Falkenbergs Motorbana is a racing circuit situated in Bergagård, Sweden. The original 1.139 miles/1.833 km track venue opened in 1967. It became the fastest circuit in Sweden. In 2004, a chicane was added at the end of the straight, to improve the safety of the relatively dangerous turn 1. The Falkenberg track is best known for its round of the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship (STCC) and hosts a selection of Scandinavian car and motorcycle events.
The new WTCC 2017 cars are in fact the same as the ones in the recently released WTCC 2016 pack. The cars are now available with their official WTCC 2017 liveries. You can purchase the individual cars, the Class Pack or the WTCC Experience (All Seasons + Tracks).
The core update contains the usual fixes and improvements and brings you a few brand new features such as new Data displays including Live Delta Timing, new Flag Options (Off, Black only, Visual only, Full) and more. For more details, check out the full changelog below.
RaceRoom Parch Release Notes:
- Hockenheimring: Some of the curbs are missing.
- The new Flag Rule Settings are not available for MP.
We will release a hotfix patch tomorrow to fix these issues.
- Changed the flag rule setting and added a new flag rule setting “Visual Only” which means all flags get triggered and shown but there are no penalties applied with exception of black flag. (SP only for now)
- Added Display mode with settings windowed, borderless windowed and full-screen.
- Fixed issue in data displays where standings page kept ghost entries when you were in the lead.
- Introduced delta timing in data displays.
- Fixed some occurrences of yellow flags for DNF cars.
- Disabled displaying of yellow, blue, black & white and white flags while the player is in pitlane.
- Removed so slower class in the multiclass race doesn’t trigger white flag.
- Disabled slip effects while changing tires during a pitstop.
- Changed so content ownership isn’t required to load a replay file.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when processing a camera reset callback after returning to the menu.
- Updated Fanatec SDK to 3.0. This should also fix the issue some players experience with their CSW 2.5.
- Fixed issue with replays not using asynchronous rendering.
- Fixed issue with an uninitialized variable when using the Fanatec wheel.
- Fixed an issue where H-Pattern mode would reset to Neutral when race start sequence starts.Thanks to Franconen and team-gtr3.fr for the report.
- Fixed issue with Multiplayer advertisement banners not getting saved in replays.
- Fixed an issue that could occur in game session if the player has a lag spike of over 10 seconds during certain sequences.
- The game now invalidates both current and next laps in qualifying sessions, leaderboards and competitions if the player goes off track or wall rides in the last corners of a track.
- Made brake disks pre-heated when starting a Time Attack session
- Bloom and Light Shaft effects are now disabled in VR.
- Made the HUD size dependent on the distance to it.
- Made it possible to adjust the distance to the HUD via two bindable keys.
- Fixed the rendering of particles and contact shadows.
- Made the game use the SteamVR settings panel’s/config file’s resolution setting to set the resolution for the eyes instead of a number argument following “-vr” or “-oldvr”. Any such number in the argument is now ignored.
- Fixed so player nodes are marked as inactive and kept by the server if a player disconnects during a race session. This fixes the issue with broken results because of players leaving the server too early after a race. Also, fixes the results for spectators joining late.
- Fixed so checkered phase ends directly when all vehicles have finished.
- Fixed an issue with spectators not being able to join full servers.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:
- Bathurst: AI Tweaks
- Hockenheim GP: Tightened Cut detections
- Moscow Raceway FIM: Tightened Cut detections
- Nurburgring (all layouts) : Tightened Cut detections
- Shanghai (all layouts): Tightened Cut detections, AI tweaks
- Suzuka (all layouts): Tightened Cut detections, AI tweaks to prevent going wide in 130R
- Zandvoort: AI tweaks
- BMW M3 E30: new sounds
- BMW M1 Procar: Tweaked chase camera, improved results of car to car collisions
- Data displays now added to all cars. Some cars don’t have a display in the cockpit but will show the display on the HUD when pressing ‘7’ to cycle through HUD display modes.
- Hungaroring: Fixed some overly bright runoffs, swapped 2D audience to latest ones
- Paul Ricard: Fixed some curbs and adjusted banking of some corners based on drivers feedback.
- Suzuka: Smoothed a nasty bump just before 130R.
Portal & Backend:
- Fixed issue with time interval not clearing up in MP browser.
- Implemented MP results and MP Standings for championship events in Competitions.
Official Webpage – game.raceroom.com – sector3studios.com