Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage presents a new review. In this episode Barry takes a detailed look at the RealGear GTpro3 Xtreme Floor Mount 3-Pedal Set by Ricmotech.
As the basis for their GTpro3 Xtreme pedal set, Ricmotech selected the famed Tilton 600 Series pedal frame which is engineered and produced for real-world auto-sport. In their own words, they have made this choice because they not want to imitate, but rather produce what all race drivers have at their disposal.
According to Ricmotech, the Cast Finished Aluminum Tilton 600 series of pedals proved to have the best geometry of all the pedal sets tested. Due to their considered design, the pedal arms have exactly the right amount of set back, allowing for comfortable placement of your heels whilst sim-racing. Pivot points are precision machined for smooth and trouble-free operation. The pedal faces are vertically and horizontally adjustable, ensuring constant and confident foot contact which just feels right.
The pedals are controlled by an in-house designed USB powered 16mhz ECU, capable of performing over 15,000 pedal reads per second. The unit is interfacing with the PC via a standard USB cable. No third-party software is required to perform any calibrations or adjustments to the pedals.
Out of the box, the RealGear pedals are designed to custom mount into your sim-racing rig. The optional base plate is pre-drilled for mounting to standard rigs using the hole locations of the Logitech G25/27/29 hard mount locations. Mounting hardware is included.
The RealGear GTpro3 Xtreme 3-Pedal Set is available via the official Ricmotech website for $1,695.00. (Note: This product is Made to Order, and Qualifies for Free Shipping if applicable).
- Base Plate – +$99.95.
- Brake Tuning Kit – +$37.95.
- Formula Style Throttle Pedal Face for GTpro3 Xtreme – $34.95
- Based on Tilton 600 Series Floor Mounted Pedals
- All-Metal Construction
- Magnetic Hall Effect Sensor on Throttle Pedal for Accurate Position Readings
- Real Hydraulic Master Cylinder on Brake and Clutch
- Real Racing Clutch Feedback Pressure Sensor on Master Cylinders Reads Pedal Force
- Adjustable Pedal Positions
- Micro-controller based ECU Up To 15,000 Pedal Reads per Second
- Up To 1,000 Pedal Updates per Second (PC Limitation)
- Fast and Smooth Pedal Response
- Only Updates PC as Necessary to Conserve Bandwidth
- Adjustable Dead Zones for All Pedals
- Selectable Linearity Curves for All Pedals
- Can Disable Clutch to Optimize Processing
- Stores Five Profiles in Internal EEPROM
- All Settings Stored In Black Box EEPROM
- Powered by USB
- For PC only Compatible with Win XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 (32- and 64-bit)
- Simple Installation
- Free Technical Support
Official Webpage – www.ricmotech.com