Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ review
It has been a while since Doug Meyer of Sim Racing Review posted a new video, but now he is back. This time Doug takes a look at the new Fanatec ClubSport Shifter.
The Shifter is available in two different versions. A 7-speed traditional H-Pattern shifter, or the same unit with added sequential shifter support, in which the shifter can be switched from H-pattern to Sequential mode by means of a slider on the side of the base unit.
The ClubSport Shifter is entirely built out of metal, making it a rather heavy, but durable unit. The shifting knob is screwed on a standard thread to allow you to mount any commercial aftermarket knobs from various automotive brands. To securely mount the Fanatec ClubSport Shifter to a variation of rigs and platforms, the unit comes with multiple mounting options on all 4 sides and bottom. There is also an optional and separately sold table clamp available, to mount the unit on a desk or table top.
The Fanatec ClubSport Shifter is compatible with all Fanatec wheels when connected directly to the wheel. For use with a Logitech G27, Thrustmaster T500RS or any other wheel on PC, you will have to use the optional ClubSport USB Adapter.
The regular H Pattern shifter is sold for €149, while the SQ edition will retail for €199. Fanatec provides an optional table clamp for €29.
Fanatec ClubSport Shifter Features:
- Full metal construction
- Ultra realistic shifting experience
- 7 gear H-Pattern mode
- Reverse gear with inhibitor to prevent accidental shifts and makes handling it, more realistic
- Shifter knob made of solid polished aluminum
- Exchangeable gear knob, compatible to popular automotive standards
- Adjustable shift feeling and resistance
- Multiple mounting options on all 4 sides and bottom
- Compatible to all Fanatec wheels if connected directly to the wheel
- Use the optional ClubSport USB Adapter to use the ClubSport shifter with a Logitech G27, Thrustmaster T500RS or any other wheel on PC
- 7th gear only detected if the shifter is connected to a ClubSport Wheel or with the ClubSport USB Adapter
- Size (L x W x H) : 18.00cm x 18.00cm x 35.00cm
- Weight: 2.20kg
- Volume weight: 2.30kg
- ClubSport Shifter
- 2 x connector cables
|Official Webpage – www.SimRacingReview.Com|