SIMAGIC M10 DD Wheelbase & GT1R Wheel Review By The SRG
Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage reviews the SIMAGIC M10 Direct Drive Wheelbase, and the Simagic GT1 wheel rim.
At the beginning of 2020, the Chinese Simagic company recently introduced two new direct drive wheel systems in the form of the Simagic M10 and Simagic Alpha units. The M10 is delivering 10 Nm torque and is marketed as an entree-level DD unit, while the 15 Nm Alpha model is aimed at the professional market and more demanding Sim Racing enthusiast.
Besides the new Direct Drive wheelbases, Simagic also introduced the Simagic GT1 wheel rim. The Alcantara or Leather 300mm Diameter round wheel rim is equipped with 4 Programmable Buttons, 4 Programmable Knobs of which two are rotary knobs, Carbon Fiber Shifters and 50mm Quick-connect unit.
Furthermore, the wheel features a Wireless Communication module for its internal electronics. The wheel is available with or without an optional Dual-Clutch system.
- M10 DD wheel Base – €749.00 VAT Included + shipping
- Simagic GT1 wheel – €549.00 VAT Included + shipping
- M10 DD wheel Base + Simagic GT1 wheel Bundle – €1,149.00 VAT Included + shipping
Note: The Simagic GT1-R is available in two versions, with normal shifters (2 paddles) or with shifters and dual-action clutch (4 paddles).
Official Webpages – www.simagic.com
SIMAGIC M10 DD Wheelbase
The M10 Direct Drive unit is Simagic’s entry-level 10 Nm sim racing wheelbase, which aims to deliver the best range of torque at an affordable price. Simagic states that 6-8 Nm is what is being regarded as the required toque needed for high-end sim racing wheels. The remaining 2-4 Nm is used to minimize force feedback clipping, and to help attenuate sudden feedback changes.
The M10 stepper motor is equipped with three CPUs to rapidly process the incoming signals resulting in a 1000 Hz refresh rate for USB communication, and a 40000 Hz update rate for force feedback controls.
M10 DD Wheel Specifications:
- Finish – CNC aluminum housing with an anodized surface, carbon fiber panels for front and back covers
- Motor – Three-phase stepper motor optimized for sim racing uses
- Max Toque – 10 Nm
- Power Requirement – 100-220V AC, 50/60Hz (Use adaptor comes standard with the device only)
- Platform – PC only, supports all major PC games like F1 2019, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, etc.
- Connection – USB-B for connection to PC, Plug and Play, Reset button available for a quick reset
- Software – Race Manager click to download
- Location Sensor – 16385 Pulses per revolution
- Refresh Rate – 1000 Hz for in-game data communication, 40000 Hz for force feedback control
- Standard Warranty – 12 months, optional extension of 3 or 5-year warranty (available only at the time of purchase)
GT1 Steering Wheel
GT1 Wheel Specifications:
- Standard 300mm Diameter
- CNC Aluminum Structure
- Carbon Fiber Cover Panel & Shifters
- Dual-Clutch Or Non-Dual-Clutch
- Alcantara Flat Bottom Or Leather Round Wheel
- 4 Programmable Buttons, 4 Programmable Knobs
- 50mm Quick Disconnect To Wheel Base
- In-Game Wireless Communication