Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage reviews the Simgrade R7 Pedals.
Simgrade is a sim racing store based in Finland retailing a nice selection of sim racing products by well-known brands. Besides distributing various products, Simgrade also designs and built its own high-grade pedal set.
The highly adjustable Simgrade R7 Pedals are designed with the best possible ergonomics in mind and feature some innovative features such as the Advanced brake kit and Heel supports.
There is a lot to say about these pedals, so we let master reviewer Barry Rowland take the stand.
- Throttle and Brake version – €1062.65 VAT included. (€878.23 ex VAT)
- Throttle, Brake and Clutch – €1267.57 VAT included. (€1047.58 ex VAT)
- Clutch Only (Upgrade) – €242.98 VAT included. (€200.81 ex VAT)
Note: Usually delivered in 15 – 20 business days in Finland (+1 to 6 days outside Finland).
Official Webpage – simgrade.fi
- Heavy duty stainless steel construction
- Pedal control and feed level accuracy practically doubled via dual action pedal arm design
- Heel can travel up / down with foot resulting in superior pedal control and feed accuracy
- ‘Traditional’ heel supports can also be used: a) per pedal individually or b) one plate for all pedals
- Fully adjustable pedal faces & heel supports for optimal pedal feel and ergonomics
- Brake pedal max load 80 kg
- Silent operation ensured with ball bearings and spherical rod-ends in the design
- Maintenance free: no lubrication required
- Adjustable pedal tilt angle (+8 / -16 degrees)
- Super easy & fast adjustments for pedal travel, pedal feel and required operating force
- Adjustable max. compression for each polyurethane spring in 1 mm steps
- Adjustable limiter for brake travel (does not limit load, only travel)
- Load cell signal measuring, all pedals
- 12 bit resolution
- Calibration software with dead zones, nonlinear response curves, adjustable profiles & save to file feature
- Pedal-to-controller box cable lengths: brake 35 cm, throttle 25 cm
- Double shielded USB cable
- Controller box equipped with mounting holes (M4)
- Can be mounted directly to ‘industry standard’ 80/20 aluminum profile (min. 40×120 mm spec or 2 separate profiles)
- Made in Finland