SimXperience AccuForce Pro V2 Long Term Review
After one year of ownership, Dan DiMaggio of Sim Racing Source presents his SimXperience AccuForce Pro V2 direct drive wheel long term review.
When it comes to high-quality sim racing Force Feedback wheels, Direct Drive units are considered to be the ultimate solution. That said, high-quality usually comes at a hefty price. That is where the second edition of the SimXperience AccuForce wheel comes in.
In 2015, SimXperience announced its first direct-drive wheel named the SimXperience AccuForce Pro which had been in development for quite some time. The AccuForce Pro hit the market at a $1748.00 price point, which was a gamechanger at the time, as comparable products were not turnkey products and were retailing at a much higher price.
Two years later, SimXperience revealed the AccuForce Pro V2, designed to significantly reduce the price whilst retaining the same quality features and performance as its predecessor.
This price reduction has been achieved by removing the USB slip ring and changing the housing design. Furthermore, SimXperience optimized its supply chain further reducing the production cost. The controller, motor, quick release, adjustable button box, Sim Commander software, and the genuine suede steering wheel will remain unchanged.
Currently, three different versions of the SimXperience AccuForce Pro V2 are available:
- AccuForce Pro V2 “Complete” – $999 + Shipping
- AccuForce Pro V2 “Your Way” – Starting at $699 + Shipping
- AccuForce V2 DIY – $599 + Shipping
For more detailed info, check out the official AccuForce V2 web page.
Controller & Base Unit Features
- Unparalleled Steering Feedback Quality & Realism
- Direct Drive Force Feedback System (Wheel connects directly to the motor shaft, there are no belts to slip, wear or absorb critical detail)
- Powerful, Low Inertia Motor supports up to 13Nm of sustained torque depending on the user-selected mode *
- Easily dial back the forces for safe use by friends and family
- User-selectable modes (similar to those on a stereo) allow easy selection of linear performance, peak performance, soft performance, child mode, etc.
- Extreme efficiency (Up to 13Nm sustained torque at 100% stall for 30 minutes with 2°F temperature rise over ambient with 0% torque loss due to heat fade)
- Excellent balance of torque and torque resolution results in an extremely refined and realistic feel
- Torque peaks are removed by default to ensure a truly 1:1 linear experience (option to enable peaks is provided)
- Up to 2000Hz Communication Rate via SimXperience Dual Stream Technology (1000Hz from Game / 1000Hz from Sim Commander software)
- Motor updated 50,000 times per second / Real-time encoder processing
- Lowest possible latency/lag due to the integration of the controller and motor drive system on a single circuit board and custom motor design
- 4500 degrees of rotation, configured for 900 degrees by default. The user may opt to alter this setting in real-time. The coiled cable limit is 1080 degrees.
- 16,000 PPR (pulse per revolution) positional feedback
- 16-bit control loop resolution
- Game provided instruction to movement time of less than 2ms (1ms to instruct + 1ms for the game to read back instruction is a round trip 2ms)**
- Engineered for many years of reliable service in commercial environments. (Critical parts are stress-tested for 300lb loads)
- Includes FREE Sim Commander SimVibe and Steering system tuning/analysis software suite
- Three force feedback (FFB) options: traditional raw game FFB, SimXperience / user optimized game FFB and completely user-definable FFB
- Robust tuning capability via touchscreen or in-game heads-up display via the included software
- Easily auto-optimize feedback for your driving style, driving line, and a particular car/ track combination
- Firmware updates are automatically delivered and install in seconds with a single button click. No need to hunt for them on a website
- Expansion ports for additional displays, buttons, pedals or rotary encoders
* – Measurement is taken with a digital torque wrench at motor stall. Torque wrench manufacturer stated the margin of error is +-5%. When designing mounting systems and evaluating safety concerns, please design for a 16Nm peak servo torque scenario.
** When utilized with the 1000Hz SimXperience firmware
Wheel & Wheel Button Box Features
- Alcantara® wrapped 320mm Steering Wheel feels like suede but provides increased durability and stain resistance
- 13 total buttons (12-long life tactile pushbuttons & AccuForce Wheel Horn Button)
- Rugged, Durable Construction
- Machined aluminum automotive grade quick release system allows you to easily swap to different steering wheel styles
- Easily bolt on a variety of real-world racing steering wheels or obtain an additional Wheel button box and quick-connect them
- Adjustable upper button box modules and paddle shifters facilitate a variety of 280mm – 350mm steering wheels
- Machined Aluminum paddle shifters are not only durable but offer low latency shifts and positive engagement feel
- Carbon Fiber paddles (replaceable to suit a variety of tastes)
- Paddle width adjustment
- Shift engagement point adjustment
- Shifter throw adjustment allows for personalized comfort not found on most competing products
- Mounting points included for 3rd party SLI plates or phone holders
- Coiled cable style connection to the base unit (similar to real race cars) for maximum reliability
- SimXperience AccuForce Pro V2 Base Unit with 6ft (2m) cable.
- SimXperience AccuForce Pro V2 Force Feedback Controller
- SimXperience AccuForce Pro V2 Wheel Button Box with Paddle Shifters
- SimXperience AccuForce Alcantara® wrapped 320mm Steering Wheel
- 3ft (1m) USB cable with ferrite filters
- 3ft (1m) IEC Power Cord (same as used on PC’s) with U.S. plug
- Mounting Screws
- Sim Commander software (SimVibe and force feedback tuning features)
The AccuForce Pro V2 “Complete” is a fully assembled, ready to run kit.
Official Webpage – simxperience.com