Back in December 2020, Gaming Peripheral manufacturer Thrustmaster shared a teaser picture hinting at a new Thrustmaster Formula wheel compatible with the Thrustmaster T-Series wheel bases. (TS-XW, T-GT, T300, TX and TS-PC)
Today, Thrustmaster finally revealed the new wheel in the form of the Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition Steering Wheel for the PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Series X | S.
With this replica representing the wheel used in the real world 2020 Scuderia Ferrari SF1000 Formula 1 car, Thrustmaster continues its long-standing partnership with the Italian Prancing Horse brand.
Besides the 3mm real Carbon front plate and the fact that all the fitted buttons and switches are working, the most noticeable feature of this new wheel is the 4.3” / 109 mm interactive screen and 21 LEDs, allowing up to 69 items of information to be displayed. Also, all the wheel electronics can be natively or wirelessly connected (via Wi-Fi).
Furthermore, the wheel is fitted with aluminum push/pull magnetic switchless paddle shifters, and two programmable analog clutch paddles.
The Thrustmaster Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition Replica Steering Wheel is available at a suggested retail price of €349.99 / £329.99 / $349.99.
The T-Chrono Paddles, the alternative option available for this new wheel, will be available at suggested retail prices of €59.99. / £54.99 / $69.99.
Starting today, 1,000 units of the wheel addon will be on sale in Europe, followed by an Asia release on May 18, and worldwide availability on August 26.
- 4.3-inch IPS LCD display offers up to 69 necessary information via various displays depending on the game for optimal piloting comfort
- 3mm thick carbon fiber breastplate (21 layers) combining rigidity and lightness for balanced force feedback
- Up to 25 action buttons including 7 encoders for intuitive piloting and limitless adjustment possibilities
- Native telemetry or wireless connectivity, iconic markings, and official landmarks for unprecedented immersion and realism
- 100% aluminum interchangeable magnetic paddle shifters and two programmable analog paddles
- Steering wheel compatible with PC (Windows 10), PlayStation, and Xbox (list of functions on Thrustmaster support)
- Steering wheel compatible with Thrustmaster T-Series bases sold separately: TS-XW, T-GT, T300, TX, and TS-PC
- Steering wheel compatible with T-Chrono Paddles (sold separately)
- Ferrari Official Licensed Replica Steering Wheel
Official Webpage – www.thrustmaster.com
Official Press Release:
Rennes, April 20, 2021 — Celebrating the long-standing partnership and launching the new season, Thrustmaster is thrilled to unveil its new Ferrari wheel, the Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition: a gaming replica of the wheel found in the world-famous Ferrari SF1000.
Based on the real wheel of the single-seater race car in which Scuderia Ferrari marked its 1,000th Grand Prix during the 2020 season, Thrustmaster has designed a replica worthy of the event. Featuring a variety of innovations and technical tours de force which represent a new level of achievement for the company, the wheel provides a truly cutting-edge racing experience for owners of a Thrustmaster T-Series base* and helps them completely own the race.
Having listened closely to the Scuderia Ferrari community, Thrustmaster is excited for this product to delight fans as well as racing enthusiasts and gamers keen to discover the world of Ferrari through this replica of the SF1000 wheel.
This replica features a 4.3” / 109 mm interactive screen along with 21 LEDs, natively connected or wirelessly connected (via Wi-Fi). The screen allows for a display of up to 69 items of information, with different designs for the type of game being played or car being driven. The LED display is composed of 15 LEDs for engine speed, and 6 LEDs for marshal flags.
For the wheel’s launch, Thrustmaster has introduced native integration of the screen in the game F1® 2020 from Codemasters on PS4™, PS5™, and PC. Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S® users can enjoy the screen in the game thanks to the wireless telemetry connectivity by configuring the wheel via the Thrustmaster TM Connect Web platform**.
In addition to its elegance, the Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition is also an incredibly powerful tool that prioritizes performance. Following Scuderia Ferrari’s commitment to constant innovation and excellence, the wheel incorporates several features designed to reach the highest levels:
- 100% carbon fiber faceplate combining firmness with a lightweight design, for accurate, perfectly balanced Force Feedback and enhanced racing control.
- Textured rubber grips for exceptional racing comfort, allowing users to remain highly focused throughout long gaming sessions.
- 11 physical action buttons (up to 25 in total) with a firm feel, to avoid inadvertent activation, plus 7 encoders (including 2 thumbwheels) — 5 more than were available on the previous Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On.
- 100% aluminum paddle shifters featuring both push/pull and magnetic technologies, for clear, precise activation in order to help avoid driving errors, and allowing for an unlimited lifespan.
- 2 alternative, customizable analog paddle shifters.
The Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition is one of the most versatile wheels ever designed for sim racing, thanks in part to the ability to swap out its main rear paddle shifters. For even smoother gear shifting (bounce time of less than 5 milliseconds), the T-Chrono Paddles paddle shifters (sold separately) are a great alternative providing a different feeling that could help some drivers to shave valuable milliseconds off lap times.
The magnetic transmission made possible by these alternative paddle shifters, which include gold-plated silver contact switches, ensures even lower contact resistance and provides a super-responsive gear shifting feel that is completely unrivaled.
Like its predecessor the Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On, launched in 2011, the Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition features the Thrustmaster quick release system: the wheel was developed to be compatible with Thrustmaster T-Series bases* (excluding the T500RS).
The Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition is therefore fully compatible with the following racing wheelbases: TS-PC Racer, T-GT Servo Base, TS-XW Servo Base, TX Racing Wheel Servo Base, and T300 Racing Wheel Servo Base.
Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition box contents
- 1 x Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition steering wheel
- 1 x magnetic paddle shifters + 4 x attachment screws
- 1 x “Welcome to the Thrustmaster Club” flyer
- 1 x USB-C cable (15.8” / 400 mm)
- 1 x Allen key
- 1 x quick start guide
- 1 x warranty information flyer
The Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition and the interchangeable T-Chrono Paddles paddle shifters will be available at the Thrustmaster Shop and at major resellers as of the following dates:
- European commercial availability: April 20, 2021
- APAC commercial availability: May 18, 2021
- Commercial availability in the rest of the world: August 26, 2021
The Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition, the new flagship in Thrustmaster’s racing ecosystem, will be available at suggested retail prices of £329.99 / $349.99 / €349.99.
The T-Chrono Paddles, the alternative option available for this new wheel, will be available at suggested retail prices of £54.99 / $69.99 / €59.99. * Sold separately
** TM Connect is the official Thrustmaster Web platform for configuring the Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition and is accessible via any Web browser.