Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod Review By The SRG
Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage reviews the Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod for PC users. As usual, Barry has an in-depth look at the mechanics and electronics involved and takes the product for a hands-on test drive.
When you purchase a TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod, you will in effect own two items for the price of one. The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod features two modes. It will eighter let you set up the unit as a heavy duty USB progressive handbrake, or have you convert it to become a very precise sequential gear shifter. The TSS Handbrake is fully adjustable. You can configure the unit as a horizontally mounted handbrake (GT style) or in a vertical position (Rally style), and adjust the height or length of the lever.
The Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod is available at a suggested retail price of €249,99 / $269.99 / £239.99 (taxes included).
The Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod is a versatile new element in Thrustmaster’s racing ecosystem, opening up the following exciting possibilities:
- Progressive handbrake mode, for perfectly-proportioned action or Sequential gearbox mode, for incredibly efficient gear shifting.
- Drifting in GT or rally racing: gamers will love being able to fully explore and master both styles!
- Totally realistic immersion in games and simulations: at 3.3 inches/8.5 cm tall, the handle is a 1:1 scale replica of those in Sparco®’s rally and drifting range.
The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod’s powerful design is based on cutting-edge engineering:
- The unit is rock-solid mechanically, thanks to the use of extremely high-quality materials – 90% of which are crafted of metal, including industrial flat coil springs with 8.8 pounds/4 kg of resistance.
- It allows for both smooth and abrupt braking actions.
- It incorporates Thrustmaster’s award-winning H.E.A.R.T HallEffect AccuRate Technology™ for ultimate precision that won’t decrease over time, thanks to a contactless magnetic sensor.
- The handle’s height is fully adjustable.
- The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod’s handle can also easily be turned 90° for horizontal handbraking in GT mode, in addition to the normal vertical position for rally mode.
- The unit features a handy attachment system for cockpits, thanks to its built-in M6 screw threads.
- Gamers wishing to use the unit in a more common way – such as on a table or desk – will be able to opt for Thrustmaster’s related clamp (sold separately), which can also accommodate a TH8A for a complete setup including a progressive handbrake and a shifter.
Full PC compatibility
The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod has been specially designed for PC gamers and is compatible with Windows® 10, 8 and 7. What’s more, although it’s been created with owners of Thrustmaster racing wheels in mind (in particular the T150, TMX, T300 series, TX series, T500 RS, TS-PC RACER, TS-XW RACER and T-GT, all of which are sold separately), it’s perfect for owners of any racing wheel from all other brands as well!
Official Webpage – www.thrustmaster.com