Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage reviews the TR160 MK4 cockpit by Australian, Melbourne-based simulator company Trak Racer.
The company has made a good name producing several sim racing simulator chassis and accessories for the international sim market. After marketing the very successful RS8, TR8, and RS6 tube frame chassis, Trak Racer ventured into the market of Aluminium profile rigs, with the TR80, TR120, and TR160 as prime examples of how to combine high-end quality with an affordable price.
- Intro: 0:00
- Closer Look Parts: 0:43
- Base Frame Assembly: 07:56
- Seat Rail Assembly: 14:02
- Pedal Base Assembly: 23:08
- Wheelbase Upright Support Assembly: 31:20
- Wheelbase Mount Assembly: 37:18
- Shifter Mount Assembly: 46:55
- Seat Slider Assembly: 55:07
- Rally Seat and Seat Mounting: 1:05:37
- Mouse Plate Assembly: 1:14:41
- Keyboard Mount Assembly: 1:20:33
- Base Shaker Mount: 1:31:25
- Finished Controls Mounted Cockpit: 1:35:01
- Driving Comments: 1:37:53
- Final Thoughts 1:49:25
The Trak Racer TR160 base structure is made out of 160 × 40mm high-end aluminum T-Slot extruded profile, anodized in black. Heavy-duty anodized black 90-degree brackets connect the frame and laser-cut carbon steel plates allow you to attach your peripherals. The TR160 is ready to handle both Direct Drive Force Feedback systems and Belt Drive Wheel units.
Trak Racer has a selection of 4 different stiffened Wheel Mount solutions options for pedal decks, a shifter mount, and more. The Trak Racer accessory range is constantly evolving to offer over 30 add-on options including speaker mounts, monitor stands, bass shaker mounts, keyboard mounts, and more.
For pricing, options, and wheel or pedal compatibility, check out the official Trak Racer product page.
- Dual Locking Seat Slider
- Wheel Mount – Heavy-duty Wheel Plate (SKU: TR80-WMPLATE)
- Pedal Support Plates – Pedal Mount must be selected (select from the Pre-Drilled Pedal Plate OR Aluminium Profile Pedal Mount with Heel Plate)
- Universal Gen 2 Shifter Mount and Over-sized Shifter Support
- Set of 10 Cable Ties
- Red Coloured Strips
- 160mm x 40mm Black Anodized Aluminium Chassis
- 160mm x 40mm Black Anodized Aluminium Wheel Supports
- All Mounting Screws, Brackets, and Fixtures included
- Assembly Tool Kit Included
Official Webpages – www.trakracer.com (US) – www.trakracer.eu (Europe)