Unboxing The HP Reverb Pro Edition VR Headset – By AussieStig
Mark Puc, aka AussieStig had the opportunity to test the new HP Reverb Pro VR headset which is being hailed as the new benchmark in Commercial VR solutions.
The HP Reverb Pro is the successor to the company’s first Windows VR headset and is compatible with Windows Mixed reality and Steam VR through an official plugin, making it perfectly suitable for some serious sim racing use.
The HP Reverb Pro Edition is advertised at HP direct sale for € 688,49 incl. VAT.
After spending some significant time with the Oculus Rift DK2, and the Oculus Rift CV1, AussieStig is excited to compare the first-gen VR headsets to the HP Reverb Pro. We start off with a first look at the Reverb Pro but stay tuned for an upcoming AussieStig hands-on Sim Racing test of this new VR headset using his Vesaro D-BOX equipped Stage 6 Pro Motion Simulator.
Key Features and Benefits
- 2160×2160 panel resolution per eye: Get lost in ultra-sharp visuals with 2160×2160 panel resolution per eye that takes all your content to a remarkable place.
- Controller and Headset six degrees of freedom: Explore the virtual world around you with six degrees of freedom. Move up, down, back, forth, and side to side in the VR experience.
- Two Motion controllers: Included Bluetooth® connected motion controllers give you accurate tracking of hand and arm movements. Bluetooth® controllers pre-synced to headset with built-in Bluetooth® for easy out of box setup.
- Wide field of view: Large field of view means deeper immersion. Stun your visual senses with approximately 114-degree field of view with a Windows Mixed Reality Ultra ready PC.
- High refresh rate React quicker and experience it clearer with a 90Hz refresh rate* when paired with recommended workstation specifications.
- Integrated motion tracking: Jump right into mixed reality without the hassle of setting up additional peripherals.
- Quick-release cable: Quickly and easily attach and detach the cables running from your PC to the headset.
- Face cushion: Keep the headset clean with face cushions that are easy to clean for repetitive use.
- 2-in-1 cables: Choose the cable length that is best for your VR setup with both 3.5m and 0.6 HMD 2-in-1 cables. The 3.5m cable is ideal to connect to a desktop or mobile workstations. The 0.6m cable is ideal for connecting to the HP Z VR.
- Backpack wearable VR PC (Z VR backpack PC sold separately).
- Full support in both the Windows Mixed Reality platform ecosystem and SteamVR ecosystem.
*To enable full 90 Hz performance, a DisplayPort™ 1.3 or later connection is required with the graphics solution provided by the PC.
In The Box
- HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset – Professional Edition
- 3.5m headset cable for desktop and mobile PC’s
- 0.6m headset cable for HP Z VR Backpack wearable VR PC (Z VR backpack PC sold separately)
- 2 motion controllers
- 1 DisplayPort to mini-Display Port adapter
- Setup document
- 1 year limited warranty
Recommended minimum workstation specifications
- Graphics: DX12 capable graphics. NVIDIA® GTX 1080, NVIDIA® Quadro® P5200, AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 8200, equivalent or better
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7, Intel® Xeon® E3-1240 v5, equivalent or better
- Memory: 16 GB RAM or more
- Video out: DisplayPort™ 1.3
- USB ports: 1x USB 3.0
- Operating system: Windows 10 October 2018 update or later
Official Webpage – HP.com