VRS DirectForce Pro Wheel Base – Official Pre-Order Product Launch
Back in January 2019, Virtual Racing School or VRS in short, announced they were developing a new high-quality Direct Drive wheel system for a price under US$1000, based on a customized 20Nm MiGE motor.
Since the introduction of the initial prototype, VRS improved the robustness of the system, as well as made sure the final product meets all required EMC and safety standards for North America, Europe, and Australia.
Over the past month, they successfully went through EMC testing and electrical safety testing for the VRS DirectForce Pro Wheel Base enabling them to set up the first production batch and go ahead with the official product launch.
The VRS DirectForce Pro Wheel Base will retail in the US for $799 and in the EU for €899 (VAT incl.). VRS expects to start shipping to customers in the US in February 2020. Reservations are now open (Details here).
VRS DirectForce Pro is our high-end, competitively-priced sim racing hardware product line. After receiving strong positive feedback at the SimRacing Expo earlier this year (driver quotes here), we are excited to bring the VRS DirectForce Pro Wheel Base to market at the start of 2020.
The VRS DirectForce Pro Wheel Base consists of:
- VRS DirectForce Pro controller
- The popular 20Nm MiGE motor customized for the VRS DirectForce Pro controller
- 3-meter motor power and encoder cables with double shielding and quality metal connectors
- 2 meter long double-shielded USB cable
- AC power cord
- Motor shaft hub adapter for a steering wheel with standard 70mm PCD bolt pattern. The hub adapter has 6x M5 threaded holes that allow you to directly screw a steering wheel onto hub adapter. Not needed if your steering wheel comes with its own quick-release hub, or if your steering wheel is screwed in from the back and requires through-hole mounting holes on the hub adapter.
- Motor mounting bracket for mounting on desks or rigs that only support bottom mounting. Not needed if your rig comes with a front motor mounting bracket with mount holes for the MiGE motor.
The VRS DirectForce Pro Wheel Base is compatible with any OSW style steering wheel and button plate. Some third parties even offer conversion kits for popular mid-end wheels. You need a sturdy rig that can withstand the forces produced by the MiGE motor.
We will initially be only serving the US and EU markets with a warehouse in each of the two markets. Once we scale our production, we’ll start selling to customers outside of the US and the EU. We are now accepting no-deposit reservations. The reservations will help us monitor demand in different markets and will help us ensure we have appropriate levels of stock in our US and EU warehouses. With a reservation, you’d be able to monitor your estimated shipping date. And when your turn is up, you’ll be able to convert your reservation to an order. You can place a reservation here (free VRS account required).
Pricing for those shipping to the US:
- VRS Direct Force Pro Wheel Base – $799
- Motor hub adapter – $49
- Motor mounting bracket – $49
Pricing for those shipping to the EU:
- VRS Direct Force Pro Wheel Base – €899 (VAT incl.)
- Motor hub adapter – €49 (VAT incl.)Motor mounting bracket – €49 (VAT incl.)
We will announce pricing and availability for other markets like Canada and Australia at a later date. We would ship to the US and to the EU from warehouses within those markets, so we expect the shipping costs to be quite reasonable. We’ll announce the shipping costs by the time we start converting reservations to orders.
Official Webpage – www.iRacing.com