Following the recent V1.4 build release, Reiza Studios deployed a new hotfix update for Automobilista 2 correcting some issues and adding further improvements.
- Time Trial boards are back on and fully reset – tomorrow the first TTotW combos will be announced!
- With F-USA oval physics now properly sorted after some fumbling over the weekend, users should take special note of the weight jacker – designed specifically for oval tracks, the weight jacker raises the ride height of the right rear increasing the load on the front left wheel by approximately 90lb from setting 0 through 5. Raising the jacker induces oversteer properties both aerodynamically and mechanically allowing for better cornering, especially noticeable the tighter the turn. Lowering the weight jacker optimizes the aero profile for better straight-line speed. This can be adjusted both in-car as well as from the setup screen.
- For the time being, classes other than the F-USA do not have AI set up for oval racing so they may not work very well there – in future updates we will add oval configuration to a few more classes that suit it and AI oval overrides to benefit all other classes.
- Option for helmet livery customization is not fully ready yet but will be added shortly.
- Time Trial / TTotW: Fixed top places of ttotw boards not displaying ranks; Fixed downforce variants being directly selectable in TTotW events; Fixed wrong identical vehicle leaderboard being displayed for low downforce circuits in all TT modes
- Full Course Yellow: Fixed an exploit where the leader could not obey the speed limit under FCY; Fixed a bug where an AI that retired into the pits could trigger FCY; Fixed bug/exploit where a player with a requested pit from before an FCY or with a drive through from before an FCY would be able to do illegal overtakes during the FCY; Increased the thresholds of when an oval race is considered long enough to use pit closed rules during FCY to 30 minutes or 120km; Increased the minimum speed of the leader during FCY (prevents an issue where the leader goes too slow and everyone ends up being allowed to be overtaken)
UI & HUD:
- Fixed championship aggression setting not using new standard levels
- Fixed country flags showing leaderboard class headers on the pre-race screen
- F-USA Gen1-3: Further oval physics development correcting critical issues in aero and tires, especially on SS/SW configurations; Fixed engine output not being consistent in all cars between them variants;; Refined damping, gearing, ride heights, and default wing settings (requires setup reset in oval variants)
- Minor tread adjustments to Kart Rental, Caterhams (all but Academy), Old Stock, Street tires
- F-Ultimate Gen2: Further undertray aero adjustments
- F-Retro Gen2: Fixed tire errors causing cars in class not to be running with their updated carcass & tread; minor differential & tire pressure adjustments
- AMDM: Added M1 Procar to the list of classes featuring AMDM
- Revised aero drag exponent from running high rake in all formulas
- Improved engine cooling slightly for GT Open, DPI & P1
- F-Ultimate (both gens): Added unlimited ERS deployment in Time Trial
- Superkart: Minor aero & track width/wheelbase adjustments
- Addressed a fuel calculation issue that could lead to AI pitting on lap 1 at ovals
- Added initial version of FCY AI pit strategy
- F-USA (all gens): Added automatic radiator AI adjustments in road variants
- Corrected various kart AI issues
- Temporarily disabled extra AI tire compounds for the series that had them for further development
- Oval AI calibration pass for F-USA Gen1-3
- Daytona Road course switched to low downforce variants
- F-Classic Gen 3 Model 1: Fixed LOD pivots that were causing some mesh misalignment
- Formula Trainer Advanced: corrected front suspension asymmetry
- Mitsubishi Lancer RS: Fixed livery override to include rear wing and windows
- Mclaren F1 GTR: Adjusted Light glow texture; Adjusted headlight UV map; Adjusted the light materials; Porsche 911 GT1: Adjusted the headlight materials; Adjusted tail light UV map
- Chevette: Fixed reverse lights bug
Automobilista 2 is currently available via Steam for €36,99. The Automobilista 2 + 2020-2021 Season Pass Bundle is currently available for €114.28.
Official Webpage – www.game-automobilista2.com