Fanatec Become Official Steering Wheel Partner Of The eNASCAR Heat Pro League
German Sim Racing peripheral manufacturer Fanatec has partnered up with 704Games to become the official steering wheel partner for the eNASCAR Heat Pro League.
The eNASCAR Heat Pro League esports championship sees the best 28 NASCAR Heat drivers representing real-life NASCAR race teams as they compete for a prize pool of over $200,000.
As a result of the agreement, eNASCAR League drivers will all use Fanatec equipment throughout the championship and Fanatec branding will appear in the forthcoming release of NASCAR Heat 5.
A Gold Edition of NASCAR Heat 5 will become available for the PS4, Xbox One, Xbox One X, and PC via Steam on July 7, while the standard edition of the game will become available on July 10.
Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Fanatec, said, “NASCAR is without a doubt one of the greatest and most spectacular racing series on the planet, and we are proud to work with Motorsport Games to make the virtual experience even more realistic. Fanatec will support the eNASCAR Heat Pro League with our NASCAR-licensed products for many years to come.”
Dmitry Kozko, CEO of Motorsport Games, said, “Fanatec is a perfect partner for NASCAR Heat and the eNASCAR Heat Pro League. The level of authenticity and realism that Fanatec brings to its products will further engross our players into the world of NASCAR. We look forward to a long and fruitful partnership.”
The hardware side of the agreement will most likely involve the already existing Fantec ClubSport Steering Wheel NASCAR rim.
This large ditched three-spoke 35 cm diameter rim is made in brushed, anodized aluminum and covered in genuine Alcantara. The rim features a hub cover with embroidered NASCAR logo and will most likely be bundled with the ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub.
- Officially licensed NASCAR product
- Three-spoke aluminum wheel rim with a 35 cm diameter
- Genuine Alcantara© grip
- Genuine Alcantara© hub cover with embroidered NASCAR logo
- Metal hub cover with embossed Fanatec ‘F’ signet
- Weight: 1009 g rim only, 1065 g with metal hub cover, 1200 g with soft hub cover
- A connected wheel base will become Xbox One compatible
- Fully assembled and pre-configured to mount the GT wheel rim (or similar). The default button cluster layout may not be suitable for the dished spoke design of the Podium Wheel Rim NASCAR.
- Detachable button caps with Xbox One symbols
- 16 integrated buttons on top of the hub
- Four-button clusters with three buttons each
- FunkySwitch™ with a four-way direction pad, two-way rotary function, and push-button. Comes with a metal knob
- Small or big shifter paddles for different rim diameters.
- The big shifter paddles are fully adjustable in distance, width, and angle
- Shifter paddle units can be taken off to save weight.
- LED display for Tuning or telemetry functions. It can be installed in two positions: Standing or flat
- USB port to charge a smartphone. Not a data connection.
- An additional fifth button box unit can be attached (not included)
- Data port for future feature upgrades
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PODIUM Racing Wheel F1 PS4
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4
- Xbox One® and Xbox Series X: If connected with this steering wheel, the above-mentioned wheelbases will be compatible with Xbox One and the next-generation Xbox consoles.
- PC and other Platforms: The specifications of the compatible wheel bases will remain unchanged.
- The functionality of this product on Xbox One or PS4 can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support). The full functionality can only be guaranteed on the PC; this is also game-dependent.
The Fantec ClubSport Steering Wheel NASCAR rim / ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub bundle and Podium Wheel Rim Nascar are currently on pre-order via the official Fanatec Webstore. The products are expected to ship on Jul 24, 2020.
NASCAR Heat 5 will include all the drivers and teams from all three national series, being the Cup, Xfinity, and the Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series. The game will also feature a fictional Xtreme Dirt series.
All 34 NASCAR tracks will be available, eSports will be supported. Also, a career mode and track-testing mode are implemented. On the multiplayer side, the game will include a split-screen local multiplayer mode, while online races will be able to accommodate 40 players.
The Gold Edition cover of NASCAR Heat 5 will feature Stewart-Haas Racing owner and three-time Cup champion, Tony Stewart. The cover of the standard edition features Hendrick Motorsports Chase Elliott.
Official Webpages: nascarheat.com – fanatec.com