Fanatec Clubsport Formula Rim Mini Review by SimRacingGirl
Early December, SimRacingGirl presented her review of the Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel-base, CSL Elite Load Cell brake Pedal set, and the CSL P1 Wheel rim. In this mini review, SimRacingGirl takes a closer look at the Clubsport Formula Rim that came with the wheelbase.
The Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula rim is Replica of a steering wheel as used in formula racing cars. The compact diameter of 26 cm allows fast movements and reactions.The Formula rim is made of authentic materials for a better quality product. It features a CNC machined and anodized aluminum front plate on top of a metal cage provides a super sturdy construction. The grips are made of genuine Italian made Alcantara. It is easy to clean and gives sensational grip and feeling.
The integrated LED’s Show telemetry data directly on the big LED display. Speed, current gear, remaining fuel and many other parameters can be shown and changed during gameplay. You can also configure your settings during gameplay by using the Tuning functions and the LED display. The Formula rim is fitted with an automotive quick release system like in a real race car to exchange the rim within seconds even during gameplay.
ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Rim Features:
- Replica of a steering wheel as used in formula cars. The compact diameter of 26 cm allows fast movements and reactions
- Durable construction fully made of metal
- Grips made of genuine Italian made Alcantara®. This material is easy to clean and provides sensational grip
- 11 Buttons plus two paddle shifter buttons with ultra-reliable switches.
- Analog joystick to look around in the Cockpit or to map with any other axis
- 7-way Encoder switch to change settings: Turn left; turn right; move left, right, up and down; push(active in Tuning menu and compatible with any PC game)
- LED bar to show motor RPM
- LED display to show telemetry functions. Works with several popular PC games like iRacing or rFactor
- Adjustable and detachable paddle shifters completely made of metal. Adjust angle, distance to rim and travel of the paddles
- Tuning functions with LED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay
- Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
- Adjust force feedback strength during game play
- Adjust sensitivity independent from the game. Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel from 90° to 900°
- ABS vibration in the wheel and on the (optional) ClubSport Pedals for all games
- Change the linearity in the steering axis to get the precision of a 900° wheel and the fast movement of a 270° wheel
- Add some artificial dead zone to avoid shaking on straights if needed
- Customize the force feedback sensations by changing the spring, force effects and dampening forces
- ClubSport Wheel Base V1
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
Note: It is not compatible to the CSR Elite Wheel
- Xbox One: This steering wheel is not compatible with an Xbox One.
- PC and other Platforms: The specifications of the compatible wheel-bases will remain unchanged.
Fanatec shop links:
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Assetto Corsa Edition – (Includes a copy of the Assetto Corsa Simulator)
- Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals – (Standard 2-pedal setup)
- CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell – (3-Pedal Setup)
|visit the official web page at www.fanatec.com|