Next Level Racing Traction Plus Review By The SRG
Barry Rowland of the Sim Racing Garage reviews the Traction Plus platform by Next Level Racing. As usual, Barry takes an in-depth look at the product, guides us through the full assembly and setup before performing a hands-on test.
Next Level Racing continues to develop their professional-grade Motion Platform to make the already solid motion sim even better while keeping in mind that the unit has to be suitable for both home use and advanced professional applications.
The Traction Plus platform moves the whole cockpit and delivers both understeer and oversteer in the most realistic and precise way possible. It has been designed and developed in collaboration with a world-class motion engineering team to deliver an unrivaled motion experience. To achieve the ultimate realism and precision this has required completely unique technology and engineering with a product designed from ground up over 4 years that includes over 2000 components.
Based on feedback from professional drivers during product development, the understeer component of a motion platform which is usually only found in 6DOF systems is absolutely critical in accurately and precisely simulating the vehicle. Feeling both understeer and oversteer the platform can be used effectively for driver/racer training particularly for cornering and rally, feeling what is happening with both rear and front of the vehicle. Even the differences between rear-wheel drive, front-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive vehicles can be felt with the precise feedback delivered through the Traction Plus platform.
The Traction Plus combined with the Next Level Racing® Motion Platform V3 provides incredible levels of vehicle feedback to the driver to feel exactly what the vehicle doing by precisely delivering:
- Understeer and front traction loss – (a critical feature usually only experienced in 6DOF motion platforms)
- Oversteer and rear traction loss
- Power slides and drifting
- Partial Heave
- Vehicle and Road effects such as road surface, bumps, wheel lock/spin, gear changes and more
- Shunting effects (to feel side-impact contact from opponents/wall
- Power Source: 4A/115VAC, 2A/230VAC
- Rated Power: 321W
- Protection Class: I
- Max Payload: 235Kg or 518lbs
- Ambient Temperatures: -20° to +60°C
- Full Performance Temperatures: +5°C to +35°C
- Direct bolt on to all Next Level Racing® GTtrack & Flight Simulator Pro cockpits
- Product Weight – 108kg or 238lbs
- Product Dimensions – 112 x 165 x 13 cm or 44 x 65 x 5 inches
- Boxed Dimensions – Box 1 & 3: 115 x 54.5 x 14 cm or 45 x 21.45 x 5.5 inches
- Box 2: 68x 50 x 22.5 cm or 26 x 19 x 8.8 inches
- Boxed Weight
- Box 1: 46kg or 101lbs
- Box 2: 26kg or 57lbs
- Box 3: 46kg or 101lbs
- Part Numbers – NLR-T001A, NLR-T001B, NLR-T001C
- Led lights with customizable effects and colors
- European manufacturing
What’s in The Box
- Next Level Racing® Traction Plus Motion Platform
- Next Level Racing® Platform Manager software download
- USB and power cables including ferrite core
- Nuts and Bolts required for assembly
- Product Manual
- Adaptor plates to bolt your Next Level Racing® GTtrack or Next Level Racing® Flight Simulator Pro cockpit (coming 2019) directly to the Traction Plus platform.
- Next Level Racing GTtrack
- Next Level Racing Flight Simulator Pro (coming 2019)
- Next Level Racing Motion Platform V3 (Traction Plus is designed to combine with the V3 motion platform to provide a groundbreaking motion simulator experience)
- Other brand or DIY cockpits – As we experienced with the Motion Platform V3, many customers also have the ability to create custom adaption to their cockpit and with the Traction Plus we expect to see the same with mounting holes on top of the platform that users can adapt to use with their own cockpit.
- As with the Motion Platform V3, NLR plans to release adaptors for another brand of cockpits
Official Webpage – www.nextlevelracing.com – www.pagnian.co.uk