Will Ford, aka Boosted Media presents his review of the SIMAGIC Alpha 5NM Direct Drive Sim Racing Wheel.
About a year ago, the Chinese Simagic company introduced two new direct drive wheel systems in the form of the SIMAGIC M10 and SIMAGIC Alpha units. The M10 is marketed as a 10 Nm stepper motor entree-level DD unit, while the 15 Nm servo motor Alpha model is aimed at the professional market and more demanding Sim Racing enthusiast.
In this review, Will has an in-depth look at the hardware and compares the unit to the Fanatec DD1, Simucube 2 Sport, and VRS Direct Force Pro DD platforms. To find out how the wheelbase performs, he takes the product for a test drive using iRacing, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista 2, F1 2020, and Dirt Rally 2.0.
Official Webpages – www.simagic.com
SIMAGIC Alpha Direct Drive Wheelbase
The Simagic Alpha 15 Nm Direct Drive unit utilizes a servo motor that is optimized for sim racing, providing more torque response than the M10 entree-level unit. Compared to the 10 Nm stepper motor of the M10, the 15 Nm Alpha servo motor is better equipped to maintain high torque under high wheel speeds.
For pricing in your region, check out the Simagic retailer page.
Alpha DD Wheel Specifications:
- Finish – CNC aluminum housing with an anodized surface, carbon fiber panels for front and back covers
- Steering Wheel Connection – D1 Quick Connect for an easy and quick wheel change, comes w/ wireless communication.
- Motor – Three-phase servo motor optimized for sim racing
- Max Toque – 15 Nm
- Power Requirement – 100-220V AC, 50/60Hz (Use adaptor comes standard with the device only)
- Platform – PC only, supports all major PC games like F1 2019, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, etc.
- Connection – USB-B for connection to PC, Plug and Play, Reset button available for a quick reset
- Software – Race Manager
- Location Sensor – 262144 Pulses per revolution, ultra-fine in-game response
- Refresh Rate – 1000 Hz for in-game data communication, 40000 Hz for force feedback control
- Standard Warranty – 12 months, optional extension of 3 or 5-year warranty (available only at the time of purchase).